Facilitating pre-commercial development, business partnerships and short supply chains
- Projects that link skills and needs together (Skills Banks)
- Development of new business partnerships or growing existing ones
- Develop mentoring/ambassador schemes
- Projects that create an entrepreneurial and innovative culture
- Projects that enable employment of local people
- Development of new products or processes
- Develop and/or build on Powys brands
- Pilot innovative approaches to supply chain development.
- Projects using innovative methods of increasing the number of businesses engaging with public and private support services.
Exploring new ways of providing non-statutory local services
- Piloting news ways of delivering services such as transport
- Facilitate community engagement and information to identify community resilience and capacity to enable service delivery
- Projects that build the capacity of local actors to allow them to deliver local services
- Innovative projects that improve the health and wellbeing of local people
- Research and visits to other best practice project examples
- Projects that develop volunteering opportunities and training placements.
- Support for the development of community hubs.
- Projects that trial alternative ways of delivering non statutory services.
Renewable energy at Community level
- Community engagement activities to disseminate renewable energy (RE) information to communities
- Energy audits to identify hotspot communities for RE or energy efficiency
- Projects that support the reduction of fuel poverty within the county
- Projects that use community benefits from RE to alleviate poverty
- Projects that support businesses to become more energy efficient
- Projects that utilise natural resources to deliver local solutions.
- Facilitation of support by communities through mentoring and familiarisation visits.
- Engagement activities to disseminate RE information to land owners and rural businesses
- Fuel sourcing from community woodlands.
Exploitation of digital technology
- Projects that increase the uptake of digital technologies within the business and community sectors
- Projects that use digital technologies to provide services
- Projects that build on existing web platforms or creates new ones
- Projects that increase the uptake and usage of digital technology to improve business productivity and effectiveness.
- Pilot mentoring or buddy schemes to encourage the use of social media.
- Pilot innovative ways of using new technologies to provide information.
Adding Value to local identity and natural and cultural resources
- Projects that make best use of natural assets such as community grown food initiatives or community woodlands
- Developing new activities related to the natural environment and heritage
- Building the capacity of events to encourage sustainability
- Develop ideas to increase the use of the Welsh Language within the outdoor activities sector
- Develop ideas that link producers, retailers, caterers and visitors and products together
- Improve the knowledge of the local natural and historical environment of local tourism providers